Thank you for joining us on Thursday, November, 19th for our first A Little Lunch.
If you were unable to join us or need a recap, no worries, we recorded the hour for you.
Thank you to our panelists.
- Tom "Dr. Colorado" Noel, Author of 50+ publications, including A Short History of Denver and Denver Landmarks & Historic Districts Director of Public History, Preservation & Colorado Studies at University of Colorado Denver
- Colorado history and population movement
- Elizabeth Garner, Colorado State Demographer
- Current demographic trends on workforce and aging
- Annie Davies, Engagement Director, Western U.S. at United Way
- Importance of engaging employees through volunteerism
- Jake Dresden, Outreach & Development Director, A Little Help
- Opportunities to engage employees in community
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” -Winston Churchill
A Little Breakfast
Last year, 'A Little Lunch' was 'A Little Breakfast' and it was a big success. We were proud to have so many companies and organizations in attendance.
At our second annual A Little Breakfast in October, we launched “A Little Community,” a program that connects local businesses and organizations with older adults through conversation and service. Elizabeth Garner, State Demography Office, Department of Local Affairs started the morning with an extremely interesting and insightful look at Colorado and Denver as they stand today and what we we will see in our future, as our demographics change. Our keynote speaker, Catherine Anderson, Senior Vice President, Policy and Strategy with United Healthcare, did a great job explaining Medicaid and Medicare programs and answered questions related to healthcare in the workplace.
Thank you to our Sponsors: