As a charitable organization, A Little Help sustains its activities and thrives largely through the generosity of people like you. For that, we are truly grateful.
More than 80% of Americans contribute to a nonprofit at some time, and it is possible to continue this support through a “planned gift” or charitable bequest. What better way to thank an organization that has had an impact on your life or community than to make a contribution from your estate?
Here are several things you can do to leave a legacy:
- Name A Little Help as a partial beneficiary of your IRA, retirement, or pension plan.
- Name A Little Help as a beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy, or purchase a new life insurance policy naming A Little Help as the beneficiary.
- Remember loved ones with a memorial gift to A Little Help.
- Leave a gift in your will for A Little Help. Less than 8% of all wills contain a charitable provision. Yet, imagine the positive impact on our community if everyone made a donation to a favorite nonprofit, even a modest gift. You can leave a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your assets to A Little Help. The provision can be part of a new will or added to your existing will with a simple amendment, called a codicil.
- Encourage family members and friends to leave gifts to A Little Help or other favorite charities in their wills.
- Ask for donations to A Little Help or other charitable organizations in lieu of flowers for memorial services, celebrations of life, and funerals.
- Consider using assets for your charitable gift. These can include, but are not limited to: stocks, bonds, CDs, real estate, vehicles, art, and jewelry. Such gifts may even provide a tax savings to you and your family.
- Ask your financial advisor to include charitable giving as part of their counsel to other clients.