A Little Help in Larimer County is bringing our service and community-building model to older adults and their neighbors throughout Larimer County. We are spending the summer building capacity and awareness, and will launch our services in Fort Collins this fall. Join us as we recruit new volunteers and senior members in our target locations.
Our current team in Fort Collins is composed of a team of neighbors who are enthusiastic about our mission and who plant seeds among neighbors and community organizations to serve older adults. Local Site Teams throughout the County will help us identify and capitalize on the unique strengths, capacities, and identities of each neighborhood responding to each area's complexities to be the most effective organization for each situation.
The Larimer Team is helping us to tailor and increase services and intergenerational programming in the area. Access to resources increased as our geographical footprint and penetration grow!
If you would like to get involved in this effort, please contact the office at 970.412.9396 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Little Help provides elders with vital resources and services. Our HelpConnect system provides easy access for members to request assistance with or be resourced to services for nearly any non-medical need.
We are looking for volunteers who can provide:
- Outreach and event planning
- Transportation to medical appointments, groceries, social events
- Medical note-taking
- Minor home repair, handiwork
- Yard work, snow shoveling
- Technology tutelage/trouble-shooting
- Weekly check-ins
- Friendly visits/walks
- Light housework, organization
- Financial preparation, advocacy
- Care/resource navigation
- Caregiver respite
We are looking for elder members who may need a little help with:
- Work around the house and yard
- Driving to medical appointments and grocery store runs
- Changing light bulbs or other handy projects
- Caregiver respite
- Getting socially engaged with neighbors
If you know folks who may need a little help, we’re happy to contact them.
Upcoming Events in Larimer County!