Make a big impact locally by shoveling a nearby neighbor's walk for the winter! Snow removal is an important service- we’re keeping older adults safe, while looking out for all our pedestrians.
Snow Shoveling Process and Procedure
- You are matched with one or two members for one full snow shoveling season.
- You have 24 to 36 hours to shovel the walkway/driveway.
- If the weather service designates a Winter Storm Warning or if the temperature gets below 12 degrees, we ask that you do not go out and try to shovel.
- It is your responsibility to communicate with the member if you will be out of town or unable to shovel.
Members Receiving Help:
- You are matched with one or two volunteers for one full snow shoveling season.
- The volunteer you are matched with must live within 5 miles of you. If we are unable to find a volunteer within 5 miles, we will try to provide you with other options.
- Please remember that a volunteer may have a job or other obligations, so they may not be able to get to your driveway and sidewalk immediately after snow stops falling - they have 24 to 36 hours to shovel.
- If the weather service designates a Winter Storm Warning or if the temperature gets below 12 degrees, volunteers are asked not to go out.