Snow removal makes a big impact locally.
It keeps older adults and pedestrians safe, while adhering to local laws. We match neighbors for the shoveling season to support our older adults to keep their walkways safe.
Snow Shoveling Process and Procedure
- You are matched with one or two members for one full snow shoveling season.
- You have 24 to 36 hours to shovel the walkway/driveway.
- If the weather service designates a Winter Storm Warning or if the temperature gets below 12 degrees, we ask that you do not go out and try to shovel.
- It is your responsibility to communicate with the member if you will be out of town or unable to shovel.
Members Receiving Help:
- You are matched with one or two volunteers for one full snow shoveling season.
- The volunteer you are matched with must live within 5 miles of you. If we are unable to find a volunteer within 5 miles, we will try to provide you with other options.
- Please remember that a volunteer may have a job or other obligations, so they may not be able to get to your driveway and sidewalk immediately after snow stops falling - they have 24 to 36 hours to shovel.
- If the weather service designates a Winter Storm Warning or if the temperature gets below 12 degrees, volunteers are asked not to go out.