Help us make a big impact locally by matching with a nearby elder for the winter!
Help empower your elder neighbors by shoveling walks. Snow shoveling is an important service- we’re keeping seniors safe and healthy, while looking out for all our pedestrians.
A Little Help Snow Shoveling Process and Proceedure
- You are matched with one or two members for one full snow shoveling season
- You have 24 to 36 hours to shovel the walkway/driveway
- If the weather service designates a Winter Storm warning or if the temperature gets below 12 degrees farenheit, we ask that you do not go out and try to shovel
- It is your responsibility to communicate with the member if you will be out of town or unable to shovel
Members Receiving Help
- You are matched with one (sometimes two) volunteers for one full snow shoveling season
- The volunteer you are matched with must live within 5 miles of you, if we are unable to find a volunteer within 5 miles, we will try to provide you with other options
- Please remember that a volunteer may have a job or other obligations, so they may not be able to get to your driveway and sidewalk immediately after snow stops falling - they have 24 to 36 hours to shovel
- If the weather service designates a Winter Storm warning or if the temperature gets below 12 degrees farenheit, volunteers are asked not to go out